Lake Thunderbird State Park
7 Awesome Reasons to Visit Lake Thunderbird State Park
Lake Thunderbird State Park is situated on an enormous man-made lake made by a supply for the urban communities of Norman, Del City, and Midwest City. It offers a wide assortment of water exercises and amusement for those fatigued of urban communities and longing for some time in the outside.
About Lake Thunderbird State Park and Discovery Cove Nature Center
Lake Thunderbird State Park is a 1,874 sections of land Oklahoma state park in Cleveland County Oklahoma. It is on the east side of Norman, Oklahoma on State Highway 9. Lake Thunderbird State Park gives sporting admittance to Lake Thunderbird.
A lovely state park work in family setting up camp, fishing, drifting, trekking, equestrian path, and toxophilism hunting in select regions, Lake Thunderbird State Park is the ideal spot to go through a day in the outside close to Norman, OK.
There are two marinas (Calypso Cove Marina and Little River Marina), nine boat inclines, and two swim sea shores on Lake Thunderbird. The recreation area has more than 200 locales for leaving Recreational Vehicles (RVs), including 30 full hookups. There are likewise bathrooms, jungle gyms, cookout covers, crude camping areas, and an occasional eatery in Lake Thunderbird State Park.
The following are 7 Awesome Reasons to Visit Lake Thunderbird State Park
- Bird Watching at Lake Thunderbird State Park – The state park falls inside the bald eagle winter relocation passageway. Bald eagles should be visible from generally December through February. You can even get a directed bird visit from the Crow’s Secret Nature Center!
2. Search for the Lake Monster in Lake Thunderbird – While the presence of the Lake Monster is as yet unverified, there is accepted to be a new water octopus living in the man-made lake. Assuming you get a brief look, there’s no question that Animal Planet couldn’t imagine anything better than to see your video!
3. Trekking Lake Thunderbird Trails – Every one of the path around Lake Thunderbird are incredible for trekking. Lake Thunderbird State Park has mountain trekking trails that are sloping, a decent change from focal Oklahoma. You’ll get to encounter the State Park in a totally different manner and cover more ground in a similar measure of time as a customary climb.
4. Fishing in Lake Thunderbird – Norman OK – Lake Thunderbird is an extraordinary spot to get in contact and invest some energy fishing. The lake is very much supplied with huge mouth bass, crappie, sunfish, channel catfish, white bass, and sockeye. We love to hear the fish stories from our visitors following a day out on the water.
5. Sailing on Lake Thunderbird – Regardless of whether you are a prepared sailor or new to watercraft, Lake Thunderbird State Park has everything to make your drifting day incredible. With two marinas and a boat shelter, you will observe a few various types of vessels which are for the most part prepared to head out. You can take cruising illustrations, take an interest in endorsed races, or even go to a regatta.
6. Lake Thunderbird State Park Hiking – Investigating the climbing trails is an incredible method for getting out and extend your legs and get an extraordinary lay of the state park. You’ll get to see fabulous perspectives on the lake and see some incredible untamed life. Furthermore on the off chance that you plan your climb at the ideal opportunity, you’re certain to get a brilliant dusk.
7. Equestrian Trails at Lake Thunderbird State Park in Norman OK – Lake Thunderbird State Park Discovery Cove Nature Center and equestrian path are situated in the Clear Bay region. The equestrian path, which are open Wednesday through Sunday from nightfall to day break, cover four miles and element 12 hindrances.
BOOK A CLEANING IN 60 SECONDS