The best way to clean a shower with soap scum is to use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water, applied to the affected areas with a spray bottle. First, scrub the area with a stiff brush or a sponge, then rinse with water.
You can also use a commercial shower cleaner designed to remove soap scum. Please follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Avoid using abrasive scrubs or sponges, as they can scratch the surface of the shower.
To clean a shower with soap scum, you can follow these steps:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the affected areas of the shower, including the walls, floor, and fixtures.
- Let the solution sit for 5-10 minutes to loosen the soap scum.
- Use a stiff brush or a sponge to scrub the area. Pay attention to the corners and crevices where soap scum can accumulate.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with water to remove all traces of the vinegar solution and scrubbed-off soap scum.
- If some stains are still visible, you can use a commercial shower cleaner specifically formulated to remove soap scum, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After cleaning, use a squeegee to remove excess water from the shower walls and floor, and wipe down fixtures to prevent water spots.
Please keep in mind that it’s always good to test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area to ensure it won’t damage the surface of your shower.